Why conduct a criminal record check?
Protect the safety and security of your business with criminal record checks. These checks search for any criminal records or convictions, helping you identify future candidates who may pose a risk to your organisation. You can also ensure due diligence and comply with legal requirements in regulated industries by thoroughly vetting candidates with criminal backgrounds.
Explore our features
Tier 1 registered with the ICO.
Criminal record check process
What details do applicants need to submit to complete a DBS check?
Using Zinc's employment background screening software, applicant's will need the following to complete a DBS check:
- Five years of address history.
- Your full name and any previous names.
- Your identity documents.
- Your national insurance number.
Zinc will verify the identity documents of the applicant and the address history.
What's checked at each DBS level?
- Basic check: A Basic DBS Check or Basic Disclosure will show any unspent convictions or conditional cautions the applicant has.
- Standard check: A Standard Check will show any spent or unspent convictions, cautions, reprimands or warnings the applicant has.
- Enhanced check: An Enhanced Check will show any spent or unspent convictions, cautions, reprimands or warnings the applicant has, as well as any other relevant information held by the applicant’s local police force.