How it works
Manage service users
Go to service users in HiBob: Settings > Integrations (Under Account) > Click Manage under the Service Users Card (Robot Icon).
Create service user
From the Service Users configuration page click +New Service User. Create a New Service User by entering any Service User & Display Name. Click Next. Copy the Service User ID & Token and then go to Zinc.
Navigate to Employee Fields
From the hibob home page select Settings>Employee Fields(Under Company). A list of existing Employee field categories appears.
Create check category
Click the + icon in the top right hand corner to Add new category. Name your new category ‘Zinc Background Checks’, optionally add a description and click Add. Your new category should be added to the bottom of the Employee field categories list.
Create category fields
In this next step you must add all relevant Zinc fields. You can add a new field by expanding the new Zinc Background Checks category, selecting + New field in the top right corner next to Category fields and entering Name and Type under the Settings ribbon. Confirm by clicking Add.
It is important you add the fields with the exact field names and types listed below otherwise the integration will not work. The type of the field is indicated in brackets next to the field name i.e. (text).
- Zinc Status (text)
- Zinc Date of check (date)
- Zinc Type of check (text)
- Zinc Report link (text)
- Zinc Report (document)
Only add the following fields if you are conducting RTW checks.
- Zinc RTW Document Expiry (text)
- Zinc Document Type (text)
- Zinc Nationality or Share code (text)
- Zinc RTW Status (text)
Create a Zinc permission Group
- From the hibob home page select Settings>Permission Groups(Under Company if you are an admin). A list of existing Permission groups appears.
- Click the + Create group button in the top right hand corner. Enter any name for your permission group.
- Under group members click Select people by condition. Click the Edit icon and remove any existing conditions using the 🗑️ icon next to the condition.
- Under Add Specific Employees>Service Users add the Service User you created in section “Add Service User” → Step 3. Click Apply and then Create and Confirm.
Give Zinc the required permissions
- From the hibob home page select Settings>Permission Groups(Under Company if you are an admin).
- Find the permission group created in section “Create a Zinc Permission Group” and click into it.
- Select the People’s Data tab and click Edit permissions in the top right hand corner. After selecting Select people by condition click Edit in the main view.
- In this modal add 2 conditions: Lifecycle status → Equals → Employed & Lifecycle status → Equals → Hired.
- Click Apply.
- Under the Access rights within the People’s Data tab navigate and change the following:
- People > Zinc Background checks (new category created in section “Add Zinc Employee field category”) > tick all.
- People > Personal contact details > tick view section and view section histories.
- Docs > Confidential Docs > tick all.
Click Save and then Apply.
Add your credentials and verify with Zinc
In Zinc, in the bottom left corner click settings, then click on the Company tab and scroll down to Integrations. Under HRIS Integrations, click 'Setup Integration' and paste the Service User ID & Token from Bob into Zinc. You will be walked through the integration where Zinc will check if you have the correct permissions and field enabled.